Terms and Conditions
- When booking on one of our classes or one of our 1:2:1 sessions you acknowledge you have read and fully accept our Terms and Conditions.
Payment and training terms
- All fees are payable on booking. Fees are non-refundable except under exceptional circumstances. If you need to cancel or reschedule a 1:2:1 session please give 48-hours’ notice, otherwise the full fee will be payable. Course booking requires 7 days notice of cancellation prior to the course start date or fees will not be refundable.
- Fees can be paid by bank transfer to:
Account Name: Talk to The Hound
Sort Code: 30-90-85
Account Number: 22156960
- Talk to the Hound provides force free training and uses positive reinforcement methods. Aversive types of equipment will not be permitted during training. If these forms of equipment are used, we reserve the right to cease our working relationship and you may be asked to leave the class. (this includes choke chains, prong collars, electronic collars including citronella and any other device which causes discomfort and pain). We do not allow physical force or training techniques based around punishment within our classes.
- As we will be using reward-based training, you will be required to have lots of yummy treats available, along with your dog’s favourite toy.
- You will be responsible for the behaviour and actions of your dog during training sessions.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your dog is in a fit and healthy state to carry out the training sessions. If you have any doubts please seek veterinary advice before the appointment.
- For behaviour consults, a vet visit or vet referral form may be required prior to the session, to rule out medical reasons for the behaviours.
- Training sessions can only be undertaken by persons 18 or over. If you are under 18 then there must be a responsible adult present at all times.
- For 1:2:1 3-week block bookings, these must be taken with 3 months of the first session, unless it has been agreed that they can be held over. If not taken within the 3-month time frame you will lose the session and Talk to The Hound can ask you to pay for any further sessions in full.
- Talk to the Hound holds full Public Liability and Professional Indemnity Insurance.
- Talk to the Hound makes every effort to ensure the safety of both their client and dogs during sessions. Although Talk to the Hound is fully insured when confirming a booking, you accept that there are risks involved when working with dogs and this can result in injury to those humans or dogs involved. You agree that Talk to the Hound cannot be held responsible for any personal injury or damage to property during 1-2-1 sessions either inside or outside your home.
- If a dog is known to be human or dog aggressive this must be disclosed prior to booking.
- Dogs must be both human and dog friendly to enrol on a class. If it is found that this is not the case, then the trainer reserves the right to ask for that dog to be removed from the session. In signing the booking form, you are agreeing your dog meets these requirements.
- Please note that I can provide the tools for you to train your dog, but improvement will only be achieved with continued practice and time spent with you teaching your dog following the methods shown.
- If your dog comes into season prior to or during a course, you will be unable to attend due to the possibility of disruption to other dogs during the sessions. No refunds will be given but if this happens and you will be missing 3 or more of the session then you may be offered a place on a future course instead, but this is at the discretion of the trainer.
5 and 6 week training classes
Bookings and Payments
- A confirmation email will be sent before the session starts to confirm your booking details. It is the client’s responsibility to ensure they attend the correct date, time and location.
- Payment for the course fee must be made on booking to confirm your space. Failure to pay may result in your place being given to another client.
- If you are making an early booking you can confirm your space with a £20 deposit with final balance due no later than 7 days prior to the agreed start date. The deposit is refundable as long as cancellation is made no later than 7 days prior to the agreed start date. If cancellation is made after this the deposit will not be refunded.
- Signed booking forms need to be returned to Talk to the Hound either before class or no later than the start of the Week 1 session.
- Our courses consist of 5 or 6 weekly classes. For the best results you will need to attend all sessions and complete the course. Please note that we can provide the tools for you to train your dog, but improvement will only be achieved with continued practice and time spent with you teaching your dog following the methods shown by us.
- All dogs must be vaccinated before starting class. (If only one vaccination has been given please check with your vet that they are happy for dog to attend before finishing the vaccination course). Only conventional vaccines will be accepted.
- A VACCINATION CARD MUST BE PROVIDED AS PROOF OF VACCINATION BEFORE THE 1ST CLASS COMMENCES.
- Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times unless advised by a trainer.
- Owners are responsible for their dogs at all times during class and are required to clean up after their dog should they go to the toilet. Poo bags must be taken off the premises at the end of a session and please do not leave in the car park.
- Children are welcome at the sessions as we encourage all the family to be involved, however all children must be under the supervision of a responsible adult at all times. For health and safety reasons we do ask that children do not run in the hall/indoor school/field and that they do not approach other puppies or dogs without asking permission from the owners first. Trainers reserve the right to ask any disruptive children to not attend further classes.
- During exercises only one handler at a time is to work with a dog as we find this helps to avoid confusion.
- On occasion it may be decided that the group class setting does not suit the dog or owner. If this occurs, it will be discussed in full and it may result in alternative arrangements being made.
- We make every effort to ensure the safety of both clients and dogs during sessions. Although we are fully insured when confirming a booking, you accept that there are risks involved when working with dogs and this can result in injury to those humans or dogs involved. You agree that we cannot be held responsible for any personal injury or damage to property during sessions.
- Dogs must be both human and dog friendly to enrol on the class. If it is found that this is not the case, then the trainer reserves the right to ask for that dog to be removed from the session. In signing the booking form, you are agreeing your dog meets these requirements.
Puppy Play Sessions:
- During puppy play sessions, dogs will have the opportunity to play off lead if appropriate. A long line may be required if the trainer feels it is required for safety.
- You are responsible for your dog at all times during these sessions and your dog must not be left unattended.
- Injuries can occur through dog to dog play or interaction and you accept that Talk to The Hound cannot be held responsible for any injuries caused.
- The field is fenced, but you take full responsibility if your dog manages to escape the fencing and any resulting consequences caused by this.
- You confirm your dog is both human and dog friendly to attend these sessions.
- If at any point the trainer feels your dog is at risk or a risk to other dogs or owners, you may be asked to leave the session or be move to a smaller play area. No refunds will be given if this occurs.
- You agree that by letting your dog enter these sessions you agree to these terms.
Young Handler Sessions:
- Sessions are for school age children and children must be accompanied by an adult 18 or over throughout the session.
- Children must stay calm throughout the sessions and must not run, scream or shout in the training filed.
- All dogs and children are the responsibility of the owner and if required the supervising adult may be asked to assist in the training.
- Dogs who attend MUST be human and dog friendly and not lead reactive. If a dog is thought to be unsuitable for the class environment, then Talk to the Hound reserve the right to ask the dog and owner to leave the session. If a dog is asked to leave due to behaviour or being unsuited to the class refunds will not be available.
- By agreeing to our terms and conditions you give Talk to The Hound permission to publish images of your child and your dog in electronic, video or print format in relation to marketing materials, including publishing on social media sites. If you do not agree to photos being used please make Talk to the Hound aware so we can avoid any publications.
- Children must not approach other dogs in the session without first asking permission of the owner.
Online Courses/live chats/e-consults/Presentations:
- Remote coaching and instructions are undertaken at your own risk. You agree you have understood the Terms & Conditions when undertaking any remote guidance from any form of media. This could be from online courses, social media, live or recorded sessions, e-presentations or talks & 1:2:1 e-consults.
- When undertaking any coaching or instruction that is undertaken remotely you agree the following:
- that by participating you are doing so at your own risk;
- a suitable, non-slip floor space is required and any potential obstructions in the vicinity are removed before you participate;
- to avoid activities if you or your dog have, or suspect they may have any current health concerns, injuries, aches and pains;
- avoid physical contact with other participants and where appropriate, adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- It is understood that sessions will be recorded and retained for a period of up to thirty-six (36) months. 1:2:1 online consults recordings will not be shared to any third parties without agreement from all participants. It is understood that Online sessions undertaken on social media, may be used for other marketing purposes and by participating you agree you are happy for this to occur and any information you post or discuss on open social media is not in a confidential manner.
Photos and Confidentiality:
- By agreeing to our terms and conditions you give Talk to The Hound permission to publish images of you and your dog in electronic, video or print format in relation to marketing materials, including publishing on social media sites.
Cancellation and Refunds
- If you are unable to make a session, please let us know as soon as possible.
- Fees are non-refundable except under exceptional circumstances or unless 7 DAYS NOTICE is given prior to the course start date.
- No refund will be given for lack of vaccinations or no vaccination card unless notified 14 days in advance of the start of the course
- Partial refunds for missed classes will not be given.
- Some of the training will be held outdoors and will continue in most weather conditions.
- You are advised to dress for the conditions
- If it is deemed to be adverse weather and classes are cancelled, then Talk to the Hound may arrange for the missed session/s to be rearranged or extra weeks added on to the end of the course if possible, but this is not guaranteed. These rearranged sessions may be on an alternative time or day depending on availability. If a session needs to be cancelled due to the weather, then the course may move to an online session on the same day which will run via Zoom. No refunds will be given.
- If you choose not to come due to the weather no refunds will be given,
- Please drive carefully up to the venues.
- You will be notified up to an hour before the session begins if it is to be cancelled. Weather conditions change quickly so it will be left until the last hour for a final decision to be made. Please keep Talk to The Hound up dated with any new phone numbers so that you can be contacted with class changes.
- The outdoor venues are usually fenced or are in safe locations. However, if you feel your dog is likely to jump the fences or escape from the field, then please advise the trainer. You may be asked to put a longline on your dog for safety.
- Parking is at your own risk and Talk To The Hound can accept no responsibility for any loss or damage to the vehicle or its contents while in the car park.
- If booking in advance, you have the option to confirm you space with a £20 deposit. Final payment then needs to be made no later than 7 days prior to the agreed course start date. If full payment is not received 7 days prior to the session, then Talk to the Hound has the right to give your place to another person and your deposit will not be refunded.
- Deposits are refundable up to 7 days prior to the start date. If you choose to cancel within the final 7 days the deposit will not be refundable.
- With the current Covid-19 situation we have to run sessions following the Government guidelines. Therefore, local or national lockdowns are possible. If we have to stop sessions due to Government lockdown restrictions, then sessions may have to move online. No refunds will be given as online sessions will be made available in order to complete the course.
- If a Talk to The Hound trainer is unable to make class due to Corona virus symptoms or if they have been in contact with anyone and are told to stay at home via Track & Trace, then sessions will be moved to online classes for that period. If a session cannot be carried out due to illness, then the session will be postponed.
- If you or your family are showing symptoms of Corona Virus please do not attend class. You will still receive the recap sheets for any missed sessions, but no refund will be available.
- If you or any of your family are showing signs of Corona Virus or have been asked to self-isolate, please advise Talk to the Hound as soon as you are aware, and your session will be postponed to a later date.
- If a Talk to the Hound trainer shows symptoms of Corona Virus or has been asked to self-isolate, then your session will be postponed to a later date.
- Social distancing will be observed throughout your session and where possible you will be asked to under take the session outside in your garden. If this is not possible the please observe social distancing rules and the trainer will keep at least 1 metre from the client. Please keep your dog on lead if asked to do so and you will be required to use your own training equipment.
- Please read the latest Covid-19 Heath and safety rules prior to booking and on signing up you are agreeing to these rules.
Talk to the Hound is committed to protecting your privacy. When you interact with us by phone, mail, in person or online, we sometimes receive personal information about you. This document, tells you about how we collect, use and store your personal information.
Please read this policy carefully to understand how we will deal with your information.
How we collect information about you and what information do we collect.
We may collect information about you whenever you contact and interact with us. For example, when you register for one of our training courses or contact us for more information or to book one of our courses.
How we use your information
We will use your information to:
Give you the products, information or services you have requested or to
keep you in touch with our work by sending you updates when new courses are about to begin. We will not pass your details on to third party marketers and all information is kept in strict confidence and only shared with members of the team who need to know in order to provide you with the service you requested.
We may use third-party service providers to process and store user data.
We do use MailChimp to process our mailing list. We will only send you updates of our services and courses if you have ticked the option to do so on our T&Cs, or if you have given us your email address to enquire about services.
Please see the T&Cs for MailChimp if you would like to find out more about how they share data.
How we protect your personal information
We take appropriate physical, electronic and managerial measures to ensure that we keep your information secure, accurate and up to date, and that we only keep it as long as is reasonable and necessary.
Although we use appropriate security measures once we have received your personal information, the transmission of information over the internet is never completely secure. We do our best to protect personal information, but we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted to our website, so any transmission is at the user’s own risk.